Digital Communications Inter at Renault

Advertising Marketing

6.0/10

4.8

4.0

• Monitoring Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter comments for Renault and Dacia
• Working on the Renault, Renault Sport and Dacia YouTube channels.
• Updating PPC and search copy.
• Liaising with agencies to create dynamic social media content, video content and imagery.
• Creating briefs outlining what is wanted for Dacia and Renault.
• Uploading website content
• Using Google Analytics to create weekly reports for the product teams.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working in the digital communications department at Renault UK for my placement. There was a large group of interns and the workplace environment was fast paced and energetic. I felt that I was part of a community and thoroughly enjoyed the work I did day to day.

I was given real responsibilities and felt a part of the team. The fact that people rely on you to do certain jobs makes you feel integral to the department. I was able to work with the different product teams in order to ensure that the content digital communications was producing was true to the product.

My manager gave me all the support I needed and was always there to give guidance. I also had a lot of help and guidance from the other members of my team and I feel that this was crucial to the work I was able to do during my time on placement. There was always someone to give advice or lend a helping hand due to the department being so friendly.

There was never a dull moment and always a job that needed to be done. I had weekly tasks and day to day routines, but the workload was always changing and I often had multiple projects on the go at any one time. I had to liaise with agencies as well as different departments; there was always an email to send or a report to write!

I was given a large amount of responsibility during my time on placement, I feel it has really prepared for a a career in digital communications. I was treated as a true employee of Renault; and never once felt like a placement student that was not allowed to do certain jobs or tasks.

The skills I have developed during my time at Renault will definitely help me in the third year of my degree. I have gained confidence and my time management and organisational skills have grown hugely in the past 13 months. I hope that the knowledge and skills I now have of digital communications will help me in my future job.

The atmosphere in my department was very professional but at the same time fun! In the office, everyone is friendly and most people will meet you with a smile. As the office is open plan and only a few people have offices you always feel like you can walk over to someones desk to ask them something.

I feel that the work placement scheme was set up well and since it has been going for a few years, it is in a good routine. Having a role as a work placement student felt like a true job; I sometimes forgot that I was a work placement student on a temporary contract.

Not applicable

Very appealing! There is an opportunity to apply to come back in the future on the graduate scheme, which gives you a chance to work in different departments over the company and gain a rounded experience of working at Renault.

Yes, my department was very sociable. I would say that the location of head office (rickmansworth is not at all sociable;but as it is so close to London, that it is where my department goes out.

Cost of living was ridiculously high as it was close to London and is a nice area to live. More than half of my salary went on rent and bills. Was not able to socalise in my area as not much to do; better to go into central London.

Not applicable - no night life in Rickmansworth.

Not applicable