7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Politics is a constant issue - everyone was always up for fun however you had to be very careful who you said what to as office was mix of client, accenture, contractors and competition.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Good communication but could of been better.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Gave us the tools to invest in ourself as much as we were able to. As a year in industry student at Accenture you are provided the same support and access to resources as any other member of staff while also being entitled to all the same benefits.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Was offered a position to join Accenture as a Programmer under Accentrue Technology Solution; roughly 80% of my start group were offered the same position. I then took it upon myself to gain sponsorship from a senior executive and applied for Accenture's Management Consulting Analyst position. I was accepted for this position and am due to start in August 2012 after my final year at university.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very socialable everyone was included and multiple (Non-drinking events) were also arranged. Day trips included.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Half of my year was spent on client site in a hotel (Paid for by the company) the second half was spent in London. Very expensive to travel/live and to eat etc.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Imagine yourself working at Accenture
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture