Engineering Intern at Eaton

Loughborough East Midlands
Electronic and Electrical Engineering

Eaton is a Top Employer

7.7/10

I have worked on projects that are considered future technology.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

You are asked to do important responsibility. I have been fortunate that I got to work with engineers who have given me meaningful work

I was always given support, managers understood that you are learning and development is important to you. As long as you asked the questions then you will find support.

Fairly, not everyday I was busy. Most days I had tasks to do.

I was given a fair amount of responsibility. Initially starting it was surprising that I had such responsibility.

I improved on my team work, communication skills and leadership skills. There were regular training by the company and a chance to work with other interns. I become every confident in my skills since joining, a lot of investment by the company was made by the company.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

There is typical office feel, friendly and everyone is open to conversation even if they are not work related.

The company has a structure and an aim for all new interns .i.e. presentation on your year to the wider company.

As mentioned before the company hires 3rd party company to train interns at certain points of the year. This requires for the interns to travel across the country, meaning you get a chance to see where the other interns work. This is all paid for by the company.

Some division are not so appealing due to some issues within. But most places seem to value the interns input, but not enough to give a job within the company.

You will be place with other interns, so there will be someone the same age as you.

In Loughborough the cost of living is relatively cheap. The university is a big source of students so there will be students in the Loughborough area. Loughborough is known for being a bit of a student town.

The university provides nights out for their students, but anyone is welcome to it. There are a few bars and clubs outside the university as well.

The university provide a lot of societies and anyone is welcome to join regardless of what university you come from.