Production Engineer at Eaton

Sutton in Ashfield West Midlands
Business Management Electronic and Electrical Engineering Engineering Graphic Design Mechanical Engineering

Eaton is a Top Employer

9.2/10

9.7

Managing the implementation of cost reduction and health and safety equipment/improvements across the manufacturing facility, aiming to reduce all wastes where possible. Also facilitate production and support manufacturing.

Very enjoyable as far as work goes, interaction between departments and colleagues keeps the job fun and sociable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

Several members were extremely welcoming very quickly, I've settled right in and it will be a shame to go.

Great support and guidance, from senior management and from my manager as a mentor, the only reason I didn't rate 10 was because sometimes my manager felt too busy to bother, even though he probably would have accommodated me had I tried.

Fairly, definitely had lots on, some times having to work overtime just to make sure I keep on top of it.

I was given lots of responsibility, far far exceeding what I expected. I had huge impact on several projects and some decisions made by myself were completely independent of approval or guidance despite the capital investment by the company.

The lessons I've learnt and skills I've developed will help me immeasurably with my degree and in being ahead of my peers when I apply for my next position. I could not understate the importance in doing a placement, and with Eaton's training and investment program, this placement has helped me develop substantially.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

Positive and productive atmosphere and fairly laid back. I wouldn't say it is particularly fun as the office is open plan and you kind of feel pressured to work rather than joke/chat, but that is largely self inflicted and due to professional awareness rather than enforcement. Plenty of cakes and food provided by colleagues on a regular basis.

Seamless. Some small gaps but only due to intern program manager change midway through.

The company spared no expense and invested hundreds of hours of training and professional's time. There are several (7?) formal training days at other sites and then many smaller trainings on site as well as general shadowing and learning from experience of other people.

Very good, I'm carrying on part time work and I have a strong standpoint when applying to graduate role.

Yes, placed with 3 other interns and played football weekly alongside other social events.

Very very cheap, (>£2 pint) and house costs were cheap too.

Not fantastic in the immediate area but Nottingham/Sheffield in close proximity

Fairly, I played football with work colleagues and ran weekly. Lots of other wellness schemes which I did not get involved in.