New Business: Films, Games & Digital Intern. at Warner Bros

Marketing Sales

8.3/10

The primary purpose of the job is positioned within the Sales team, providing support to the New Distribution team including 1 National Account Manager and 1 Account Controller. Develop, set up and help to sell in WB campaigns for customers and wholesale accounts.

I have really felt so lucky to have been a part of such an amazing organisation. Hearing about other internships out there, WB really stands out above the rest as I have been given so many opportunities that other organisations do not offer interns. From the job role to the company work ethic, WB make you feel a valued member of the team. From my time here, I couldn't recommend it more.

In my opinion I think this is the best part of the internship at WB. As intern you may be branded as less important than permanent staff or as someone who is hired to get coffees. At Warner Brothers this is not the case. You are treated as a valuable member of the team and are given highly important responsibilities day to day, with senior management coming to you with requests.

For my particular role, I was part of quite a large team and was assigned a line manager and a senior manager which was great as I always had someone to go to. I feel I was given lots of support throughout my time at WB and was given monthly feedback to review my progress with opportunities for me to ask questions or raise any concerns I was having. This was a huge help and made me feel at ease.

During the beginning of my placement my work load was quite small. However this was useful for whilst I was finding my feet and coming to terms with things it would have been overwhelming with more. However, once my confidence grew I was given a lot more daily responsibilities and tasks which kept me very busy and was able to balance it all.

As my confidence grew within the role I was given more responsibility over time. Both small and large asks, people would start coming to me for things and I was happy and willing to help. this was not only internal requests but external too. I was able to manage my work load fine and if I was struggling my manger would sit with me and help.

In my opinion, a number of the skills I have gained from my year at WB will help me in both university and later on in work. These transferable skills have really helped me within my job role and will massively improve the standard of work I produce at University.

All around the office the atmosphere is very relaxed and easy going. This makes for a fun and enjoyable environment in which you can have fun whilst working helping the day go quicker. Even though it is easy going there is still a large sense of a professional workspace in which everyone takes their work very seriously.

At WB they take the internship procedure very seriously. Each current intern undergoes the search process for their replacement for the next year, they do this working alongside HR in organising a professional assessment centre and interview day. There are various induction days before and when you've started to make sure you're all set up and ready to start.

This is another part of the internship I thought was excellent and really enjoyed. At least once a month, Interns had various different training sessions made available for them to participate in. These were designed to focus on approving different skills and aspects of daily work life. The learning & organisational development team were very passionate about developing each intern as much as possible in order to gain the most out of the placement year at Warner Bros.

WB don't offer a grad scheme as such, however having worked here for a year and getting a feel for the company and the great work that they produce I would definitely apply for further job opportunities after university.
There are currently numerous ex- interns that now have full time positions within the company now so they definitely look for returning interns when considering job applications.

Yes there was a huge social scene amongst teams and fellow colleagues but especially amongst fellow placement students. There would be weekly/ monthly drinks organised by the interns during the first few months which was a great way to get to know your fellow interns and this continued throughout the course of the year. This was great as you're all experiencing first time work at the same time so there was a real sense of team spirit and friendships formed throughout us all.

Warner Bros head office is located in very central London, Holborn. This does make for an expensive social scene when going out but it is London so its expected. I commuted from home so I wasn't paying rent but fellow interns would live just outside central and their cost of living was fairly high.

The nightlife was great, lots of places to go for work drinks, great for different activities and lots of great places to eat.

Yes at Warner Bros there are social sport teams that you could get involved in where you could compete in tournaments and matches etc. There are also a lot of speaker sessions and workshops available to WB employees where external organisations come in and hold presentations which are interesting.