1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My internship has been an unforgettable experience! I loved every minute of it.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Most of the time I was not treated like an 'intern' and felt like a very valuable member of the team. My team relied on me for various important tasks.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Sometimes the fast-paced environment meant that my manager wasn't always able to give the most support, however this was balanced with good catch ups in quieter times. Their guidance has been clear throughout the internship and they have have seemed keen to help me get back into the career after I finish my degree.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My internship was full on and most of the time I was incredibly busy, but this was perfect for me. It helped me learn the job quickly and I relish a challenge.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My team relied on me greatly to perform some key tasks every single day. I was also given increasing responsibility throughout my internship so by the end I was managing my own titles.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have developed will certainly help me in my future career, but they will also assist me next year at University as I have greatly improved my work ethic.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
My office was faily relaxed and social
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was well organised and they had various socials before and during the placement to make sure everyone got along. I always knew who my managers were, who to report to and where to go if I had an issue.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They ran a series of intern training days where we focussed on our personal development, reviewed the year and got us to think about our future career.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company is always very keen to have its interns back and this was clearly felt from the beginning
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We all went out multiple times and I have made lifelong friends whilst working here
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is an expensive place to live and this was reflected in the cost of socialising - however I always felt that the experience was worth the cost
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife was really great as I worked in central London, There was everything to choose from no matter what your mood or preference
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were a few opportunities to do voluntary or gym groups however I rarely took advantage of these due to work commitments