1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have loved it - it has been everything I'd hoped and more. Amazing opportunities and there is rarely a day I don't want to go into work
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team have made it clear from the start that my role is integral to the running of the department. I always feel valued and appreciated. There is a good atmosphere in the office and everyone is kind and friendly and we always work together
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
While we are expected to handle our work load independently and take initiative, I always felt like I would be guided and given support if I needed it. I was given a lot of responsibility but if I ever had a question someone would always be there to help
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very - my job is full on and the publicity internship is a challenging and demanding role! There is never a dull or quiet moment and sometimes it can be a little stressful but these challenges definitely do not come without reward and it has definitely been worth it!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Alot - I wasn't treated as an intern but another member of the team and had the freedom to take on many tasks and alot of responsibility
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel like there will not be many challenges/tasks/jobs I could be faced with that I couldn't at least try to take on! I have improved on so many skills that will be transferable across my future studies and career. I have learnt so much about the industry, about publicity in general and alot about myself in both a professional and personal capacity. I have improved and developed a range of skills - more than I ever imagined I could
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was always something going on and it was rarely quite! Our floor specifically, was always lively and busy - it's a very dynamic atmosphere.
In my role I was always up and about and didn't have too many days of just sitting at my desk staring at a screening for too long. Never a dull moment and I was never bored!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised! The Warner Bros placements are well established and well organised so that everything runs seamlessly. The team are used to having interns and the role is defined and I had clear responsibilities.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were a number of opportunities for training and different courses and learning sessions throughout the year, with most being very interesting and quite valuable. There are weekly 'Speaker Sessions' which are informative and very enjoyable but I usually didn't have time to go to many of these
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There are a number of people working here permanently who were once interns which is a promising sign!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes definitely, this is one of the things I had heard about the Warner Bros placements and it proved to be true. There is a great 'community' of interns and I have made some really good friends. Coming to London from Ireland, this was important to me and it was a great way of settling in and contributed greatly to the extend to which I enjoyed my time in London. The interns all head out together after work and there have been so many opportunities to socialise.
Everyone in the company is so friendly and there is a good social side to working here.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It's London so it's obviously expensive. However, I got my maintenance loan and never struggled with money so was able to enjoy all London has to offer.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good - plenty of good pubs, bars and restaurants and the office is very central so it is handy to Soho and Covent Garden. I have to say I loved the location of the office!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I personally didn't but I know there is a football team etc. Might be nice to have some sort of female sports team actually!