Project Coordinator at BAT

Southampton South West
Engineering Information Technology Logistics and Operations Manufacturing Mechanical Engineering Purchasing and Supply

BAT is a Top Employer

8.8/10

Great placement with many opportunities.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAT

Valued by colleagues in all departments and managers

Constant support and guidance from superiors. Everyone is happy to give advice and help out. Had 2 line managers during my time and I learnt a lot from both of them.

Good balance of work.

I was trusted with managing projects on my own without constant supervision.

I learnt and developed more skills here than at University and this experience will definitely assist me in my studies and beyond

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAT

From the first day at work the atmosphere in the office was pleasant and friendly. On most days the team would grab lunch together in the site canteen. Occasionally, an evening meal would be organized to celebrate an event. Throughout the year the atmosphere only improved as we got to know each other better

From the very first induction day to the last day the placement scheme was organized very well. Numerous informative presentations were held and the placement co-ordinators were always happy to answer any of our questions. This made it quite easy to settle in the company while learning a lot about it as well. Some of the events held included an induction quiz and a meal with all the students.

The company has invested a lot in me throughout the year. A Computer Aided Design (CAD) training session was set up. This was a week long course that greatly enhanced the skills I had learnt at university. I was also sent on a motion control programming course in Cambridge. These investments have significantly improved my skills in different fields and is also a source of motivation for me.

There are many perks of working at this company, including a cycle to work scheme, share scheme, bonuses, an onsite canteen and gym, and many others. This, coupled with the great people working at the company and the interesting variety of projects makes future employment here very appealing to me.

There are a lot of students at the company and we often met up for meals and drinks. Despite not seeing the other students at work much (due to us being positioned in different buildings) the social scene was great. I live with 3 other students and the rest are only a few minutes away making socializing very easy.

Rent was very cheap compared to my previous years in Bath. This meant that I was able to do a lot more socializing. There a plenty of bars, pubs, and restaurants that are very affordable. Also, I lived very close to an Aldo supermarket which also reduced the cost of living.

The nightlife here was fairly decent. There are plenty of exotic clubs and bars in different regions. The nightlife here is also quite cheap compared to other places which is a big bonus. There are also other attractions such as cinemas and casinos for a different kind of night out.