1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was an enjoyable year, with plenty of opportunities for development and growth. Warner Bros. is a brilliant company to work for especially for a first major job as it allows you to see what the industry is like.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued and appreciated by the team for the hard work I carried out throughout the year. This helped morale and spirit throughout the various tasks I carried out.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was supported and when I needed help, I was able to ask for support and guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was fairly busy but my workload was balanced and varied throughout the year due to events and situations which occurred throughout the year.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a fair amount of responsibility and was allowed to handle some tasks independently once I grew confidence in my role.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Having a work placement at Warner Bros. was an invaluable experience and this opportunity will allow me to move further in my career, due to the contacts I've made and skills I've learnt. I highly recommend a placement at Warner Bros!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was lively and had a good atmosphere. There are plently of incettives throughout the weeks and months which get employees involved and engaged such as a drinks trolley on Fridays, internal staff screenings etc.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The HR department worked well to make us feel welcome from the beginning and throughout the year provided training courses and sessions. This made me feel like I was still in a learning environment whilst still working a first full-time job.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was a lot of investment in our growth and learning. This varied from understanding ourselves and others to how to present ourselves in the workplace to how construct a CV after graduating.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
A lot of employees here are previous interns so the prospects of possibly returning to WB are good.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, the company encourages interns to meet before we start and also socialise during our first week.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was moderate but London living prices are notoriously known to be quite high.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was good! There were plenty of pubs and bars,
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were many opportunities pushed through internal communications to get involved in. For example, fitness classes provided by the company and external screenings.