Core responsibility include managing the WBUK Amex individual and travel accounts. Offering support across all teams in the Warner Bros. UK finance department during month and quarter end submissions internally and externally to HMRC and auditors.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
A placement with Warner Bros met all my expectations. It has been the perfect combination of actually gaining practical experience in your desired field, while at the same time never feeling like you're at work. Everyday is different and you're always learning new things from professionals who are willing to share their expertise and knowledge. The company offers great environment for interns and ensures that we feel fully comfortable and well integrated within the business
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
We have been treated like any full time employee and not an intern for the year. Everyone is always offering any help and guidance but also trusts your own capabilities. I was never made to feel undermined and was always asked for my opinions and suggestions; which made me feel like I was actually contributing to the larger picture
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Well trained- I was provided with a whole month handover from the previous intern to ensure I was comfortable with all tasks that came with the role. Additionally, I was offered training courses in order to develop any technical skills I will need to fulfill the role. This all helped in making sure I was capable to complete tasks independently in case my manager was away
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy. On a daily basis you have your on going tasks that you have to complete whenever it is requested for. But on top of that you have to meet monthly and quarterly deadlines that you are working on. They really make sure you get the most out of this internship so that you leave with as much knowledge and experience as possible
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot of the daily tasks were my core responsibility and so you are primarily liable for them. After receiving hand over and a lot more guidance at the beginning, the internship and the role encourages you to use your initiative and act more autonomously towards the end
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt so many transferable knowledge and skills through out my internship. For instance, one of the systems i have used during my time here will directly help me with one of my modules for my final year at university. However, the internship has probably been most valuable in developing your personal skills like communication, time management and organisation
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
the department and office had a great friendly environment - note the drinks trolley that comes round every pay week. There are many events and social gatherings that ensure everyone stays well connected and the chance to build more working relationships
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised. Tasks were already set up and all training sessions were available for you to take
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Trainings with HR learning and development team were also all set up to ensue personal as well as professional development. these training sessions focused on your CV, interview skills and presenting yourself so that you remain employable after the placement
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company pools all previous interns and gives them first hand chance to apply for any opening roles
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Company organised events happen often but the company really encourages a friendly environment among all interns that you all just end up making your own plans and events outside of the work place
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Central London will always be a bit more pricey than other internship locations but it is counter balance by the benefits of what the capital offers
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
A lot of clubs, bars and pubs allows for many gatherings after work
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
A lot of parties are organised, but there were also sports teams and events, training and away days. Plus the premieres and screenings keep everyone excited to work on the products