1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Warner Bros. for the year, I couldn't have asked for a better placement! Everything exceeded my expectations from the amount of responsibility i was given to the social side.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues. From my first day I was made aware that though my job description states I am an intern, I would be given the same responsibility and workload as the rest of my team. This meant I was an integral part of my team and often a main point of contact for other departments for certain projects/tasks.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had bi-weekly catchups with my manager where I was told what I could improve on and what I was doing well on. This meant I could voice any problems I had with my workload, projects / uni work that needed completing. My managers were very approachable and would not mind me dropping a message / going over to their desk for a chat if need be.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On a day to day basis I had enough tasks to complete to keep me busy as probably 30% of my work is ad-hoc tasks for other departments as we are viewed as a "service" team. However when a big release would be coming out, the weeks before and after release would be very busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility during my placement. I was responsible for running reports on a weekly basis for Vice Presidents and directors, I was also the main point of contact for Games within the operations department and managed accounts (customers)
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think the skills that I have developed at WB will definitely help me in the future when I get a grad job. Also the skills that I have gained through training sessions such as "project thinking skills" and "presenting me" will help me with my time management and presenting skills at uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is very laid back, everyone is very friendly and approachable. This is probably one of the contributing factors as to why I had such an enjoyable placement year.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
From start to finish I think the internship was set up really well. In our first week we were invited to presentations from the managers of the biggest teams in the business to understand what their departments did which was very insightful. We also received training workshops throughout the year organised by the HR Learning and Development dept. Handover was also a very smooth experience and I did not feel uncomfortable with how to manage my work once my old intern had left.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I feel like WB did heavily invest in us as interns. We had compulsory intern training sessions throughout the year which i know will help me in the long run. There were also several IT courses on offer that we could sign up to if we wanted to.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Unfortunately there is no formal grad scheme at Warner Bros, therefore I probably won't be coming back after university. However, we will be sent emails from HR Recruitment detailing whether there are any job opportunities which fit our own individual skill sets.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes - the social scene was probably one of the best perks of the job. There's around 50 interns so there's always people to go out with on a weekly basis. Again with colleagues as everyone is so friendly there are regular drinks / meals that we attend.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As the office is in central london a night out can be expensive however when we go on intern nights out we tend to go to bars with a happy hour deal so we don't spend as much!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
As we are based in Holborn, there are several locations nearby with great nightlife. Covent garden, Shoreditch, Leicester Square and Picadilly Circus are only short walks away. There are also several pubs and bars in Holborn for a more chilled night out
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I believe there were a few fitness classes that you could get involved with and a football team, however I wasn't involved in any of these