General HR Administration
Work in conjunction with the HR Administration Assistant to ensure the accurate and timely administration of our employee base including but not limited to:
o Creating and maintaining accurate Personnel files
o Preparing payroll files for all new and departing placement students
o Creating employment agreements for placement students
o Ensuring the legal right to work in the UK
o Ensuring 100% return of all compliance documents
o Maintaining our HR section of the Company intranet site
o Electronic and hard copy filing
Support the HR Assistant with a range of duties including but not limited to:
o Administration of the probation period reviews
o Arranging work station assessments for pregnant employees
o Arranging baby baskets gifts for employees with new babies
o Liaising with line managers to ensure that return to work meetings have been held with all employees following periods of sick leave
o Responding to mortgage and rental reference requests
o Responding to requests for a reference from previous employees
o Administering the eye care voucher scheme
Provide general office admin support including but not limited to:
o Ordering stationary
o Organising and distributing the post
o Ensure functioning photocopiers
Provide support to the HR Team to ensure the achievement of their priorities, annual objectives and projects: including for example annual audit of employees on Visa continuing right to work
o Coordinate the recruitment and assessment for the annual Placement Programme which involves;
• Liaising with Line Managers to write job specifications
• Responsibility for advertising the Placements both with Universities and outside providers
• Organising and attending university careers fairs
• Updating and maintaining the Placement website
• Maintaining the Placement Facebook page to publicise the scheme and respond to queries
• Assisting with Interview selection
• Arranging and running assessment days
• Responsibility for reimbursement of Placement student travel expenses for assessment days.
• Responsibility for sending out Placement student contracts and new starter paperwork.
o Assist the Recruitment Operations Co-ordinator with recruitment administration, technology updates and special creative projects as required.
o Assist with the recruitment of the Apprentice programme where appropriate
o Ad hoc Recruitment Projects.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Able to ask questions freely
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was always something I had to be doing
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Real responsibility from day one
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well set up.
Outlined what months I would spend with which team at start of placement. I was also informed the format of the placement regarding the set-up of the role.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had 3 sets of training which was really good and well organised!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It would be great to get an insight into other departments.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I organised many social events as there are over 50 placement students e.g nights out, Christmas parties etc.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was great- central and close to everything!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?