1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I could not have had a better experience working at this company, especially within my department. I have been able to work on some incredible films and even when it gets really busy, our team has such a great time. I have been truly lucky to work here!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues have been so respectful and have always treated me like one of them and not just an intern. I feel comfortable to give my opinions and this makes me feel more a part of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have been really lucky with management as they have never failed to give me the support I have needed, not just work-wise but personally as well. There is never a stupid question for them and this has helped me to grow faster and with a lot of confidence to take on projects on my own.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Unbelievably busy. I cannot believe the amount of work that we have been able to get done, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. There are often late nights and working non-stop through the day, but it is completely worth it.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
So much responsibility! Everyone in the team is copied in the same emails so we all work on everything. I honestly stopped feeling like an intern within the first couple months in the job! That being said, I never feel like I have too much responsibility. If I am ever worried about a project, my team are supportive so I never feel like I am alone.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My degree is completely unrelated so it will not really help with that! However I would imagine it would have helped had I did a course in marketing or business!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
When you are working this long with a team every day 5 days a week, it is hard to not see your colleagues as a family. Consequently, there is usually a warm atmosphere in the office, most people are really friendly and welcoming.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think this was really organised, I always knew where I needed to be and I got all the relevant documents on time when I started. If I didn't know what was going on, there were always people around who could tell me.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were a few training sessions, some of which I don't think I found very helpful but I imagine they were helpful for others. Honestly the best training I had was working on the job and that has really developed me the most.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is not a grad scheme at Warner however they always call back old interns whenever new opportunities arise. I would love to come back to the company as it has been such a pleasure.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I did not really experience this as I kept more to my team than to the other interns. I find this was probably because I was on a different floor from a lot of the interns. I am aware that the interns did organised a lot of events amongst themselves, but I have not been very interested in most of these.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive! But that is London for you. I don't mind so much because I have always lived in London but it is definitely a thing to consider.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I am not much for the nightlife to be honest but obviously it is London so you are in the heart of everything. I am sure there are plenty things to do.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are but to be honest when you are so busy with work you want to have as much time top yourself as possible!