Learning and Organisational Development Intern at Warner Bros

Human Resources Media

7.7/10

I have had the best year of my life - I can't recommend a Warner Bros placement enough.

I felt very valued and a real asset to the team. My team was fairly small so although I was an intern I was an integral part of the team.

My manager was great at giving feedback, we had weekly catchups to cover my priorities and what I had previously done.

I was very busy. My team was small so I was supporting a number of people - I don't see this as a negative however as I was always working on varied projects.

I felt like an integral part of the team and was given projects to head up which was great. I felt I was given as much responsibility as I wanted to take on, whilst still being able to ask for help when needed.

I am not sure how far the skills learned will get me with my degree. Practical skills like time management, prioritisation and project management are all skills I will take back to uni. I think the skills I learned on placement will primarily help me more when I am back in a corporate environment after uni.

My team were very fun, and the wider department were all lovely. Everyone was always up for a quick chat. There are also so many other interns that you have an immediate network which is great as there was always a friendly face around.

Seamless.

There is a specific development programme for the interns which covered personal presentation skills, time management skill, project management skills and specific IT training. I think the development of the interns is a great perk of the internship scheme at WB.

There is no set graduation scheme so there's no guarantee that interns can return, but I think you are in a better position for future roles at WB if you have the internship on your CV.

Yes - there are so many interns that there is tonnes of socialising. It's very fun.

It's London so rent was quite expensive and drinks are v expensive. Just look out for a great happy hour..

Great - the office is very close to Soho/Covent Garden so there are bars and restaurants everywhere nearby.

Yes there are opportunities if you look for them. I volunteered to help at Comic Con this year which was an experience.