Project Manager at GE (General Electric)

Amersham Greater London
Business Analytics Business Management Financial Management Telecommunications

6.9/10

4.0

Data-center consolidation project management

Great industry relevant experience

Became an integral part of the team!

Fantastic personal development meetings with both my manager and senior staff

We had a very busy schedule meaning I was always busy and sometimes couldn't take the time to participant in additional roles

I was the project manager for two projects with projected cost saving of half a million pounds, so I'd say they treat you like anyone else!

The skills I learned a GE directly contributed to getting a graduate placement with another company. It really jump started my career

The office is pretty quite as many people work from home

We had intern representatives who handled most of the setup and we could use them for any advise/support

I went on my first business trip which was to audit a data center & I was offered over $3000 of internal training

Sometimes seems easier to move out then back in to progress rather than following development reviews etc, but that's true with many companies

We did some things but infrequently

London is very, very expensive! You get this with any job here though, so to be expected!

The site we work at is in the middle of nowhere, so pretty non-existent

We get volunteering days and a committee for volunteering where we went to do many things, laying a wood-chip path to walking dogs.