1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was an amazing year, I learnt a lot of things and never expected to have this much responsibility in my student placement.
The culture of the company is amazing and it has a really good students/graduates community. Everyone is really friendly and always willing to help.
I would love to get an opportunity of a permanent role in JnJ.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt like a permanent member of stuff. The work environment is amazing, everyone respects everyone, doesnt matter what level you are.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Although I had a lot of responsibility, my manager never left me on my own. He always made sure I knew what I was doing and was there to answer all my questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Depending on the week. Some weeks I was really busy but some others I was more relaxed.
No matter how much work you have though you are not excpected to stay overtime.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was treated like a normal stuff in the company so was the ammount of responsibility I was given.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My manager was really carefull on what projects to give me as he wanted me to develop all the necessary skills for my degree.
I also had a lot of training that will be really benefitial in my future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly and relaxed I would say. Open space desk layout which made it much more friendly.
Employees are allowed to wear jeans.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Both the overall student proggramme and my team were really organised.
Everyone made sure I would have everything I needed by the end of it.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had lots of training that will benefit me in my future career and I was always given projects that match the objectives I set in the beggining of the year.
However, sometimes the badget didn't allow me to do some small trainings.
Overall, the company invest a lot in my career development .
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes, the company has about 20 students every year and more than 25 graduates. All together made a really good community and everyone is friends with everyone.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Leeds is one of the most affordable cities in UK. Having the same salary as people from other placements with higher living cost meant I could save money as well!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Leeds's nightlife is one of the best in UK, especially for students. Most interns live in city centre which is about 20' with bus from work. Making it ideal for morning commute and easy access to nightlife.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes. The company organises volunteering trips and a lot of activities for its epmployees in the afternooms.