Learning & Development Assistant at Johnson & Johnson

Administration/Secretarial Human Resources Logistics and Operations Recruitment

Johnson & Johnson is a Top Employer

5.8/10

4.0

I have absolutely loved my placement year. J&J is such a great company with an incredibly supportive and friendly company culture.

Over the course of my year at J&J, I have become really close with my team and colleagues. I feel like one of the team, every role is valued and respected.

Over the course of the whole year, I have had so much support and guidance from my management. Although you are needed to fulfill the responsibilities of a role, my managers have been incredibly keen to ensure that I get everything I need personally and developmentally from the year.

Over the year it has gone through waves, but generally very busy! I was never sat twiddling my thumbs. But the times that it wasn't extremely intense, I either enjoyed or would reach out to get involved in other projects.

Lots of responsibility, I was surprised how much ownership I was given of certain projects/tasks. It was a good challenge.

This placement year has developed my confidence immensely. Before working at the company, the mention of a presentation would send me into panic. Although, it's still not my favourite thing to do, I have overcome my fears to a degree and I know that this will be invaluable for uni/future work.

Really lovely, very friendly and welcoming. A real 'family' culture.

I think it is different for each role, but my role was a very established one that had had numerous students in over the years so was a very organised role/process over the year.

Very appealing. I would love to come back to the company.

Yes, there is a large group of students across J&J. Our student group at our local site is really close. We all live together and socialise together.

Quite a lot being on the outskirts of London. Weekly cost excluding rent was probably about £150 a week but that is with socialising/dinner out etc.

Not brilliant, there's a few pubs/bars but no clubs.

Yeah there's a few, I joined a local netball team which has been an added extra to my year.