1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have absolutely loved my placement year. J&J is such a great company with an incredibly supportive and friendly company culture.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Over the course of my year at J&J, I have become really close with my team and colleagues. I feel like one of the team, every role is valued and respected.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Over the course of the whole year, I have had so much support and guidance from my management. Although you are needed to fulfill the responsibilities of a role, my managers have been incredibly keen to ensure that I get everything I need personally and developmentally from the year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Over the year it has gone through waves, but generally very busy! I was never sat twiddling my thumbs. But the times that it wasn't extremely intense, I either enjoyed or would reach out to get involved in other projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Lots of responsibility, I was surprised how much ownership I was given of certain projects/tasks. It was a good challenge.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This placement year has developed my confidence immensely. Before working at the company, the mention of a presentation would send me into panic. Although, it's still not my favourite thing to do, I have overcome my fears to a degree and I know that this will be invaluable for uni/future work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really lovely, very friendly and welcoming. A real 'family' culture.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think it is different for each role, but my role was a very established one that had had numerous students in over the years so was a very organised role/process over the year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing. I would love to come back to the company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, there is a large group of students across J&J. Our student group at our local site is really close. We all live together and socialise together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Quite a lot being on the outskirts of London. Weekly cost excluding rent was probably about £150 a week but that is with socialising/dinner out etc.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not brilliant, there's a few pubs/bars but no clubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yeah there's a few, I joined a local netball team which has been an added extra to my year.