Grocery Category Intern - One Stop and Tesco Support at Danone

3.5/5

4.3
3.3
2.4

Danone is great. I loved working here and they really made me feel like a permanent part of the company.

Danone has a great environment to work with. Coming to work everyday isn't a pain when your team is really supportive. I was also given so much more responsibility over the year, managing my own accounts by the time I was half way through.

Although I did not have a line manager when I first started, the head of my team really took time to help me grow and develop my skills. The rest of the team were of great help as well.

Weeks vary, but usually very busy. I'd have to work late some days but others would be fine.

By half way through the year my role had changed into a role that had previously been a permanent role. So I was opperating like another full member of the team

Category management will always be useful to me in terms of the databases I have been using on a daily basis and the amount of knowledge into market and shopper insights I gained.

Everyone was generally very energetic and I developed a really good and close relationship with my team, which made the experience better.

Everything ran relatively smoothly, or my team made sure it did so. Like I mentioned before I didn't have a line manager to start with and my role wasn't properly defined but my team made it work really well.

Enough to allow me to do my job in terms of external training. But my team really took time to teach me everything they could for my personal development.

I have currently had my contract extended another year, but permanent roles at a level that is not quite senior are scarce at the moment.

We all got along well and had drinks after work several weeks. Overall it was quite social but we could have definitely had a better social scene amongst us.

Quite expensive, not just in the area but London in general. It's really hard to live on a placement salary.

We just stayed around the two bars near the business park. To go anywhere else we'd have to get the tube into central London.

Yes, the business park was quite good at constantly having activities and sports during the summer.