Focusing on SPECT and PET products (Supply Chain operations), from a Finance perspective, ensuring our site is as efficient and productive as it can be
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The environment was a good one to work in, very nice people and tasks were ok, but location of site was not the best.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As mentioned above, people were very friendly and helpful. Almost everyone I worked with was willing to help and at the same time, were grateful if I were to help them with something.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was very honest with me and would regularly review my performance in 1-on-1 meetings. These discussions gave me more confidence and direction, and will definitely will help me going forward.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Quite busy, always kept on my toes with various tasks to perform. Quarter end was always busy, but also as the internship went on, I would be given more responsibility regarding tasks and projects between the end of the quarters. Not just preparing for the quarter end but also helping around the site with more ad hoc duties.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
See above. As internship progressed, I gradually gained more responsibility and I believe that has given me a lot of confidence going forward.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel more confident, disciplined, better at prioritising, organising, better interpersonal skills - not to mention the technical skills I developed using programs such as OBIEE, SAP, Excel, etc.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and nice to be apart of, but there was a balance of that and it being a productive atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Received training from replacement, but had to "learn on the job" with a wide variety of my tasks.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Aside for discussions with my manager, there were several workshops set up for us to improve our employability skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Depends on myself and what direction I want to go in. Still not fully sure about what career I want to pursue, but the internship experience was very helpful for my future in terms of the skills I picked up / developed.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great group of people, very fun and enjoyable to be around!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I commuted from home so I am unsuitable to answer this question.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Went out a few nights so it is ok, but nothing special.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was a few opportunities to raise money for charity.