1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
At the beginning I enjoyed my placement a lot, I had a decent amount of work - never bored and never busy. I had a reasonable amount of responsibility but never too much. However towards the middle 96 months in) it was obvious that there was no replacement for me, so I was not given any work and it was handed over to the permanent members of the team - so I had NO work, even when I asked for it. This was mind-numbingly boring, and quite frankly embarrassing! I have hated the last 6 months.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Not at all - my manager treats me like a work experience and I am not given anything creative, only the same old manual reports. My team members look down on me and are very disconcerting of the intern community in general. The only people I feel valued by are the charity committee wit who I take on lots of responsibility and work because I have so much free time !!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
At the beginning a lot of training was invested in me, I have been on several all day sessions and have been certified on a lot of programs. My manager organised all this. This I will carry forward onto my CV and into my next job. I have taken every opportunity I can get to gain more qualifications and training in different systems to further grow my knowledge base.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I wasn't busy at all! It was so boring I did nothing for a lot of days and spent a lot of time just going through my own personal emails and social media channels - you may think I was pissing about a lot, but there was genuinely no work for me!! The office itself isnt very busy, no one seems to be in a rush and no one in my team was busy either!!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I developed and the training I partook in has helped me grow my skill set and has improved my CV. Also the name of the company has great connotations and as a large powerful MNC will help me to work abroad - which is what I wanted from this experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very casual and very chatty - however some of the other offices were deathly silent. It is very hit and miss. At The Grove Centre, because there is the manufacturing site, it is very casual and lots of non office people make it very relaxed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Was not well organised in my team, my manager was not even here for my first week! I had to join in with another group and follow them around... embarrassing! Didn't set me off well !!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have been to quite a few training sessions and they did invest in me but then gave up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Noooo thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes a few ofus got really close and even went on holiday together, but the surrounding area is dead! Nothing to do after work
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
D E A D
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?