Electrical Hardware Intern at GE (General Electric)

Cheltenham South West
Electronic and Electrical Engineering Engineering

9.3/10

It was exactly what I was expecting! A well organised mixture of project management work and technical tasks.

Despite of being an intern, a huge respect and trust was demonstrated on a daily basis.

- Monthly touch points with my line manager
- The technical lead was approachable and extremely knowledgeable
- Sufficient training and guidance offered in advance for almost every task that required it

On the first couple of months that was a lot to learn and not much to do, so not as busy as expected. But once the knowledge increased, a great amount of trust was put on I was delegated with multiple tasks in different areas of the project.

A lot! Varying from project management tasks to technical work that demanded great knowledge of electronic/electrical principles.

Despite of not intending to return to the academic field, the knowledge gaining during this internship prepared me to start a new role within the company as a permanent employee.

The electrical team was the most friendly and comic of them all! I had extremely enjoyable moments during stressful times due to their friendly and cool attitude towards difficult issues.

A general overview was provided from the first weed of the placement, with detailed tasks that I would be delegated to me throughout the internship.

I was only trained for the specific job that I was required to do at a given time. However the company offered multiple online courses.

I have received/accepted a permanent job offer from the company!

Football every Tuesday evening :)

Normal.

Calm and peaceful, just what I needed :)

Gym, sports, social events, ...