1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was exactly what I was expecting! A well organised mixture of project management work and technical tasks.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Despite of being an intern, a huge respect and trust was demonstrated on a daily basis.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
- Monthly touch points with my line manager
- The technical lead was approachable and extremely knowledgeable
- Sufficient training and guidance offered in advance for almost every task that required it
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On the first couple of months that was a lot to learn and not much to do, so not as busy as expected. But once the knowledge increased, a great amount of trust was put on I was delegated with multiple tasks in different areas of the project.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot! Varying from project management tasks to technical work that demanded great knowledge of electronic/electrical principles.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Despite of not intending to return to the academic field, the knowledge gaining during this internship prepared me to start a new role within the company as a permanent employee.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The electrical team was the most friendly and comic of them all! I had extremely enjoyable moments during stressful times due to their friendly and cool attitude towards difficult issues.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
A general overview was provided from the first weed of the placement, with detailed tasks that I would be delegated to me throughout the internship.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was only trained for the specific job that I was required to do at a given time. However the company offered multiple online courses.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have received/accepted a permanent job offer from the company!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Football every Tuesday evening :)
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Calm and peaceful, just what I needed :)
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?