Early Identification(EID) - IT Intern at GE (General Electric)

Aberdeen Scotland
Business Analytics Information Technology

9.3/10

9.7
9.4

Responsible for multiple IT projects. Responsible for planning, organizing, leading and controlling the project.

I have enjoyed working with GE to the most. It was a tremendous learning experience. Had an opportunity to acquire new skills.

Valuing fellow employees and stake holders are part of the work culture here at GE. As a matter of fact, I have allowed to handle some of the crucial initiatives as a part of the Brilliant Factory project with full autonomy. My work was recognized in all possible ways. Feel happy about it.

In Ranjith, I had one of the best Managers. He groomed me so well that I was able to handle projects all alone (with less or no intervention) within a short span. We have a daily scrum call to continue the momentum and a monthly personal development meeting. I have received both accolades and constructive feedback from him which helped me a lot to continuously deliver the best.

I was involved in a quite a handful of projects. I was also working with stakeholders from various geographies(Singapore, India, UK, US..etc), hence my day was always busy.

Maximum.

As I was involved in projects related to Automation and Digitization, I see a bright future. My manager is a detail-oriented person, he trained me in such a way that I give attention to nuances. This certainly helped a lot while performing a research for my dissertation.

Pleasant.

It was perfectly planned. Right from applying for this position till I joined the organization, The communication from the HR was really great. I was well informed on all the steps of the interview process and all went well as per the schedule.

Although I had learnt a lot during the last 1 year, This is one area where I felt, the company could have done better. I was working in one of the projects where I had no idea what I was doing initially. Through experience, I manged to perform well over a period of time; however, If I had a formal training, I would have performed even better in that project. You do have lot of learning materials available online as well.

We have a fair chance to apply for Leadership Schemes or one could apply for other roles as well.

Reasonable. You get student discounts too.

Good.