1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed it. I was exposed to a range of technologies during my placement as a Software Engineer Associate and given a lot of responsibility which has helped me grow.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued. I was involved in all meetings and discussions and my other colleagues listened to my opinions.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support by having a line manager who I could go to and a career counsellor to help me with my career.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was very busy and the work was demanding however this was rewarded with stays away in hotels and being able to eat out at restaurants.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility and was involved in client demos and expected a lot of which was at first daunting but definitely a great experience.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I received training upon starting the company and was also given membership access to sites such as Pluralsight to further enhance my skills. I also went to other training venues which allowed me to take certifications to help further develop my skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere was good I worked on multiple projects during my internship so enjoyed the fact that I got to work in multiple environments.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It is very well organised in the fact that you are separated out into a specific area of the organisation and given training on that area. You are then provided support throughout and help is given to find the first client role.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested in me by providing personal training and giving me free access to online training courses which has helped me grow as a person.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are very appealing and will hopefully lead to a prospering career with many opportunities due to the diversity of the work.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a good social scene, during my time there was a load of company events and events for the particular project I was on.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living is quite expensive because the fact I was living in London however when travelling outside of London for client work I was subsidised which helped a lot.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in London is great, however very expensive and as an intern I didn't go out too much due to this cost. However the nights out I had gone out were definitely a good experience.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were many opportunities such as sports and getting involved with the team in many ways. I also participated in Hackathons with fellow team members.