Software Engineer Associate at Accenture

London Greater London
Information Technology Information Technology

Accenture is a Top Employer

9.0/10

I really enjoyed it. I was exposed to a range of technologies during my placement as a Software Engineer Associate and given a lot of responsibility which has helped me grow.

I felt very valued. I was involved in all meetings and discussions and my other colleagues listened to my opinions.

I was given a lot of support by having a line manager who I could go to and a career counsellor to help me with my career.

I was very busy and the work was demanding however this was rewarded with stays away in hotels and being able to eat out at restaurants.

I was given a lot of responsibility and was involved in client demos and expected a lot of which was at first daunting but definitely a great experience.

I received training upon starting the company and was also given membership access to sites such as Pluralsight to further enhance my skills. I also went to other training venues which allowed me to take certifications to help further develop my skills.

The general atmosphere was good I worked on multiple projects during my internship so enjoyed the fact that I got to work in multiple environments.

It is very well organised in the fact that you are separated out into a specific area of the organisation and given training on that area. You are then provided support throughout and help is given to find the first client role.

The company invested in me by providing personal training and giving me free access to online training courses which has helped me grow as a person.

They are very appealing and will hopefully lead to a prospering career with many opportunities due to the diversity of the work.

There was a good social scene, during my time there was a load of company events and events for the particular project I was on.

The cost of living is quite expensive because the fact I was living in London however when travelling outside of London for client work I was subsidised which helped a lot.

The nightlife in London is great, however very expensive and as an intern I didn't go out too much due to this cost. However the nights out I had gone out were definitely a good experience.

There were many opportunities such as sports and getting involved with the team in many ways. I also participated in Hackathons with fellow team members.