Executive Management intern at HSBC

Manchester North West
Banking - Commercial

HSBC is a Top Employer

8.7/10

My main work was to lead a project central to the focus of the team. This was quite analytical and required a lot of research. On top of that, I shadowed all the roles within my centre, which often meant going out to visit clients.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

It was clear from the start that my work was making a real contribution to the bank and that my colleagues were grateful.

My line manager found a good balance between giving me the guidance and support I needed whilst giving me the freedom to implement my own ideas and do my work as I thought was best.

Very busy, but this was great because it was only because my managers were really interested in what I was doing and really trusted me to be able to deal with a large workload - much better than having nothing to do!

Just the right amount. If I made a mistake, the bank wouldn't crumble, but equally my line managers were still depending on my ability to produce results.

I had exposure to independent work, team work, public speaking, networking, data analysis, client facing roles and many different roles within the bank.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

It depends where in the office, but people were motivated and wanted to achieve for themselves and for the bank.

We came together as a group of national interns twice int he two months and had constant access to the over all internship organisers by phone and email. From day one, I had a line manager in my office who was responsible for my integration into the team and was really supportive.

My line manager was keen that although I was there to work for the bank, I should have the opportunity to learn. She continually sent my literature to read and arranged for me to observe meetings. I feel my personal training was well cared for.

I would be very keen to have a receive a job offer with HSBC.

I went out after work with colleagues several times and felt I had a good relationship with them.

It was a city centre, which is always quite expensive.

Really good, lots of great bars etc.

There were loads of opporunities to participate in charity events.