Social media co-ordinator for L'Oréal Professionnel, Decléor, Kérastase and Matrix.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have thoroughly enjoyed my internship at L’Oréal, I’ve learnt so much in just one year and can already see a significant difference in myself from when I first started. I have had the opportunity to work on multiple brands, work events such as Fashion Week, Boutique openings, four content factory's and will be attending L’Oréal Colour Trophy and Hair Fashion Night in June. I have been given huge responsibilities and been surrounded by fantastic teams.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I had the opportunity to work within multiple teams, each providing both support and friendship. I feel like a valued member of every team and feel like a respected individual amongst a very large company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers wanted me to thrive, learn and succeed as much as I did. The more involved I got, the more I learnt. Particularly with events, my team gave me extra support and guidance and could already notice a difference between my first and second event.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was constantly busy, there was never a moment when I wasn’t busy. That’s where managing and prioritising workload really came an essential part of keeping to deadlines. With events particularly, I was expected work weekends and late into the evening.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
L’Oréal gives you a huge amount of responsibility but this is such a positive/bonus, as they allow you to constantly learn, push yourself and develop a skills set you never knew you had. I currently run four brands social media accounts and am the voice of the brands that’s portrayed on all social channels - it's a huge responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have learnt have pushed both my creativity skillset and analytical. I have shocked myself with what I have produced and managed to achieve. Willingness to learn is key. I can take what I have learnt and I apply it to any future job.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was mainly very professional and hardworking - everyone is very busy. On Friday’s the office is more relaxed and fun.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Initially getting the internship was very stressful but once in the internship everything was very well organised and managed.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had many training sessions throughout the year, these were varied and personalised to my internship. I think working with a big company you really get the support and guidance.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
L’Oréal offers a MT graduate scheme, which is very appealing. The organisation has multiple brands and varied roles, which offers so many opportunities for future progression within the workplace.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?