1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
A lot of learning and training opportunity and nice working colleagues.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
my manager is giving me a lot of knowledge and business context for most of the task I need to do, which is very helpful for me to understand the reason of doing the project and help me to better execute it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
it is always fast paced working environment, there is always new things coming up which is challenging but very beneficial to me
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
although there are certain amount of administrative and sending out ad-hoc tasks to do, I am also given quite a lot of responsibility to show my capability. For example I own a project and launched a Christmas product myself.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
organisational skills, excel and powerpoint skiils, essential marketing 360 knowledge and there are constantly training courses or lunch and learn about other functions/areas that you are interested in.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
relax and fun. everyone is busy but that doen't make the working environment stiff.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
a lot of skills and software knowledge development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would be very interested in the potential opportunities within the organisation.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes. there is intern newsletter and social facebook group.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
haven't really calculate that...but it depends on what you do and where you going
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
good, restaurant and bars near river
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?