Trade Martketing at L'Oreal

hammersmith Central London and City
Advertising Marketing

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

5.0/10

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at L'Oreal. The people within the business, the job role itself and the opportunities I got were extremely enjoyable and engaging.

I felt extremely valued by my employees, both within my team and outside this. Everyone made me feel extremely comfortable and were interested in my development.

My manager was incredibly supportive both with my day to day work and my overall development. They were always available for a chat or for any questions I may of had.

Generally, my days were very busy but not out of control. This level of busyness came from the trust and responsibility I was given.

I was given a large amount of responsibility. I had a number of large scale projects that I had to manage myself and also got the opportunity to work on some exciting external projects. I regularly reported into senior management at director level which shows the trust and responsibility I was given.

I have learnt an incredible amount at L'Oreal, both related to my degree specifically and to working life at a large company in general.

The atmosphere is very friendly within the office. Everyone is always up for a chat or a coffee (there is a 'coffee culture' at L'Oreal!). Although friendly, you are also expected to work hard and meet deadlines but everyone is very supportive in helping you do this.

The placement was very well set up. I received a good induction and have also had the opportunity to access a range of training courses.

There are a number of courses available to go on, both internally and externally, to help you develop your role specific knowledge and knowledge of the industry.

The future prospects are very appealing. The graduate scheme seems particularly interesting as you get the opportunity to do 3 different job roles, in 3 different brands across multiple streams (marketing, commercial, finance etc)

The number of placement students L'Oreal take on means there is a number of social events throughout the year. You will get a number of opportunities to meet placements from different parts of the building. There is also the opportunity to join sports teams.

Hammersmith is not overly expensive compared to central London. I commuted from outside of London but the rent prices are about average for London and there are some cheaper places to eat/drink around.

The nightlife in Hammersmith itself is not great but the areas around, such as Fulham, South Kensington etc are very lively and offer a good nightlife. You are only 20 minutes from central London on the tube.

I joined a football team which proved to be a great activity throughout the year.