1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It is the best possible internship! I learn so much and my managers make sure I get the most out of the internship
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
We are a very international team and everyone gets along very well with everyone. We have regular team activities.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I get a lot of support and guidance, however, I also have the possibility to work independently.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The amount of work is very balanced. I have different responsibilities and they work quite well together.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have a lot of responsibility. However, if I need assistance, my managers are there to help or advise me.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I am learning so much during the internship. The skills I develop at the moment will not only affect my future job but also my personal life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
We have a very friendly and familiar atmosphere in the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I had a very detailed training schedule at the beginning and after 2 weeks I was fully trained for my job. During the placement I took over several responsibilities and got a lot of introductions and guidance for the new tasks.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have never worked for a company that puts so much importance on training and development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I definitely would like to stay with Hilton.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good relationships to my colleagues.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is quite expensive in general. However, you can manage to live very well over here. Socialising is also possible due to the high density of pubs and clubs in every area.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
In every area there are a lot of pubs and clubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
London offers so much in regards to volunteering, sports activities, orchestras, culture, etc.