Processing daily orders, dealing with customers' queries
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This is my second placement and I have to say this is the best I have ever had! I am highly interested in the beauty industry and this placement offered me a great chance to explore more. I have been given responsibilities and learned quite a lot from the day-to-day tasks as well as the cooperation with my teammates.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All of my colleagues are nice and friendly. They are happy to help and willing to answer any of my questions, even the stupid one. I have learned a lot from working with them.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager is always here to help. Our working area is quite closed so I can approach him easily. Even if I did something wrong he would tell me how to improve/resolve issues in patience. We have a weekly one-to-one session. I am able to ask him any questions during this time.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My typical working day is full but well scheduled. My time management skills have been improved quite a lot during these months.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given many responsibilities. There are many challenges but I am happy to resolve.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This placement is a great chance to apply theories into practice. I can discover my shortages and improve in these field. Also what I have learned in this placement is something I am not able to learn from my degree studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is fun, relaxed, and you will never feel stress once step in the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It is very well organized since I got the offer. HR gave me an induction pack before I started. After joined the team the inductions from internal stakeholders enabled me to further develop my understanding of the company. My working day and the responsibilities given also enabled me to experience and learn.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I am improving everyday in terms of working efficiency, personalities, networking skills, etc., The company regards every intern as a potential future leader and gives me fully trust on my work.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am applying for the Management Trainee scheme, this company is very appealing to me.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes there is a intern organization in the company and they will organize events and publish newsletters every month.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I have rented a very expensive flat but I believed there are also some cheaper housing available in this area. Transportation is convenient to every where (stations, airports, centre London, etc.).
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
To be honest I don't enjoy nightlife so... leave it as 5?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?