Supply Chain Intern at L'Oreal

Logistics and Operations

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

7.4/10

Supply chain intern

I have greatly enjoyed my work placement - there are no major flaws with the experience!

I was very valued by all members of the team - and my opinions were listened to and taken into account when decision were made.

There was a good level of support available to me, not just from my direct manager, but from other members in the team and even from other departments.

I was very busy everyday, there was never a boring moment. There were some high pressure situations however.

I was given a great level of responsibility and the autonomy to complete my tasks myself without close supervision.

I have learnt invaluable skills throughout the year, which could not have been learnt during my degree studies. Many soft skills were gained, which are essential in a work environment.

Good life work balance - great atmosphere within the company and teams I worked in

Opportunities for skills learning and objective setting and review, three times during the year.

Somewhat - there could have been more role specific skills investment available.

Due to the good work life balance, and ability to transfer skills learnt across areas,future employment is fairly appealing.

Plenty of opportunity to socialize with other placement students - there is a committee to set up events.

London - so high cost of living and socializing.

London - excellent nightlife at all times of the day!

There were some opportunities to get involved with charity work or with fundraising activities.