1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My placement at Accenture was an unforgettable experience! I gained knowledge in different areas and improved my skillset. I was able to develop new capabilities as well and be better aware of what my possibilities as an employee are. Loved it! I would recommend Accenture to anyone who wants an amazing internship full of interesting projects, experienced people to learn from and good corporate culture.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone who I worked with was very friendly from the start. People are very keen on learning more about you and vice versa. There are many social events where you can get to know your colleagues outside of the work environment.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I felt very supported throughout my placement. Everyone is very keen on helping you and making sure you are aware of your work task and have the capability to execute it at a high-quality level. My managers were always very engaged with my development in the company and were ready to provide any assistance if needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This is dependent on the project and on the phase the project is at. I had times where I had to work more and for longer hours but this is justifiable when you later see the result of your work. I would say that the working hours were very good and didn't make me feel bored or too busy in any of my projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
At the beginning of my placement I wasn't given a lot of responsibilities but when I started gaining more knowledge and experience, I managed to win the trust of my managers and I was quickly given more work tasks which I had to lead and manage. I was very content because this signified that I am doing well and that I am able to deliver high-quality work.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I am absolutely sure that all the skills and capabilities that I developed/learned during my placement will help me in my last year of my degree as well as in my future career path. I feel that I developed as a person as a whole. I now have much more knowledge and I am aware of what I am capable of.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The environment in Accenture office is very friendly. The layout of the office gives you the opportunity to meet colleagues as well as to get to know new people.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement is very well organised. I would say that the HR team can spend more time and effort in helping interns find new projects. Sometimes it can be very hard to find a new project after the first one has finished.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
In terms of training, we had a training week at the beginning of the placement. Then, at the end of the placement, there were some options to enroll for various training sessions. I would be happier if I saw these options for training throughout the placement not only at the end.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am very keen on staying with Accenture. It is a great company!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, the scene was very positive. We often organised social events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost wasn't as high. I would say it was affordable given the amount of the salary that you get at this company.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are plenty of options to go partying, should you want to. Personally, I am not very into the nightlife so I cannot give a very objective point of view.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes. In Accenture there are many different societies with which you can get involved. Also, they organise different events - panel, discussions etc. You can also go to events of the different departments where you can learn more about the company.