1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I love it but it is entirely project dependent, and to a certain extent it is up to you to make the role what you want and get involved with extra curriculars.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I've only worked with amazing people who value me and have become true friends. They have supported and encouraged me even when I have moved to another project.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Regular feedback sessions, allowing me to work on things of interest to me, upskilling in various areas and pushing me to get more out of my placement in all areas.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Like any job, sometimes there are times when due to a client deliverable you have to work late, and at Accenture this is nothing compared to other companies. For example, I have worked until 10pm 3 times over the last 10 months, which is not very much at all. The rest of the time my work load was extremely manageable and always left on time and arrived on time.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was consistently encouraged to take ownership of deliverables and stakeholder management throughout all of my projects. Leading workshops, managing 3rd parties and presenting work back to the client.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Accenture paid for me to do training in certain management styles and different computer programmes, and the other skills I developed through working will be invaluable moving forward in my career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Different for each project, but always friendly and relaxed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think you really have to drive forward your experience to make it what you want. In terms of placement students, we were consistently told there would be organised socials and there have never been any. However, you do so much in terms of socials with your project that it almost makes up for it.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot, paying for training courses and allowing me time off to work towards them
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
You find out if you have a grad offer at the end of the placement, depending on feedback from your managers.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, very much so with colleagues which was organised and paid for very consistently. With placement students we are all great friends and meet up a lot but this is of our own volition, not organised through Accenture.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive because it's central London but the placement pays enough to make it manageable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?