Commercial Intern at L'Oreal

Retail

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

8.7/10

Really enjoyed my year working at L'Oreal. It allowed a lot of personal development both professionally and socially.

From Day one I was not treated as an intern but an actual member of the team which was really positive.

I was given a lot of responsibility and autonomy to do my job which initially felt a little overwhelming but once I got to grips with the internal workings of the company and other stakeholders it felt a little easier to ask for support when needed. Weekly catch-ups and the HR review forms also help to keep track of what both you and your managers want to get out of they year. Overall, I felt very well supported.

Always extremely busy. This worked for me personally as I prefer to keep busy although this did not leave much time to innovate or extend my business-circle.

I was entrusted with a lot of responsibility from the get-go and along with it a lot of autonomy to get the work I needed to, done.

I think this year has helped me to work smarter such that priorities and time-frames can change and move but that's okay. It has also encouraged me to step back and look at the bigger picture, bringing all factors into consideration when completing tasks.

Really great and relaxed environment making it easy to get involved with others whom you may not directly work with. Open plan office also such that you sit next to your managers which is great.

Intern workshops run throughout the year to learn more about the company.

Definitely worth applying to grad scheme as there is a good rotational process allowing you to see a lot of the company in a relatively short period of time.

Lots of intern social events throughout the year run by an intern committee. Full time employees are also super social.

South-West London can be expensive but Hammersmith is accessible from further out.

Close to central London- expensive but good.

Lots of charity activities as well as a couple of sports teams and other social events.