1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement. Although it is not quite the role I was looking for, it was so much better than I expected. I had a lot of freedom and responsibility to be creative.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt really valued by my team, they were really welcoming and helped me settle in easily.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I felt my manager was really supportive throughout my placement and was always looking for opportunities for my personal growth and development. I felt like I could be open and talk to her about anything.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was really busy and loved it, I find having many projects more interesting than having nothing to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given total responsibility and freedom over social media channels, and was by no means micro-managed. I felt my team trusted my judgments and work.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Gained and developed strong skills in networking and communication, that will be transferable in any role.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really chilled atmosphere, everyone is really nice and friendly, with a coffee culture that encourages you to go for coffee and catch up and learn new things. The company is really fast-paced, so everyone is generally busy.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The overall placement program is really organised with a dedicated team to coordinate it. My role was completely new so was less organised, but my manager had a clear picture of key projects and objectives.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Loads of e-learning resources online, a variety of guest speakers came in. There was also a variety of lunch and learn sessions to learn about different functions. Highlights were external speakers from Facebook and Snapchat.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Really good grad scheme with rotations around different divisions and brands
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a intern committee who organised monthly socials and ad hoc drinks
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is an expensive city, so rent and drinks are generally high
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are a few bars in Hammersmith, but not a lot of nightlife. London as a city has a huge variety of nightlife and all areas are well connected by transport with night tubes now in place.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?