Digital Marketing Intern at L'Oreal

London Greater London
Marketing

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

8.7/10

I really enjoyed my placement. Although it is not quite the role I was looking for, it was so much better than I expected. I had a lot of freedom and responsibility to be creative.

I felt really valued by my team, they were really welcoming and helped me settle in easily.

I felt my manager was really supportive throughout my placement and was always looking for opportunities for my personal growth and development. I felt like I could be open and talk to her about anything.

I was really busy and loved it, I find having many projects more interesting than having nothing to do.

I was given total responsibility and freedom over social media channels, and was by no means micro-managed. I felt my team trusted my judgments and work.

Gained and developed strong skills in networking and communication, that will be transferable in any role.

Really chilled atmosphere, everyone is really nice and friendly, with a coffee culture that encourages you to go for coffee and catch up and learn new things. The company is really fast-paced, so everyone is generally busy.

The overall placement program is really organised with a dedicated team to coordinate it. My role was completely new so was less organised, but my manager had a clear picture of key projects and objectives.

Loads of e-learning resources online, a variety of guest speakers came in. There was also a variety of lunch and learn sessions to learn about different functions. Highlights were external speakers from Facebook and Snapchat.

Really good grad scheme with rotations around different divisions and brands

There was a intern committee who organised monthly socials and ad hoc drinks

London is an expensive city, so rent and drinks are generally high

There are a few bars in Hammersmith, but not a lot of nightlife. London as a city has a huge variety of nightlife and all areas are well connected by transport with night tubes now in place.

Sports teams and Yoga classes