Lead Forecasting of European Middle East & African (EMEA) sales within the corporate web based environments and tools.
•Support development of Marketing Tools and Materials in support of the EME Accounts teams
•Develop and support with Cummins Marine Marketing global communications Exhibitions and show activity in EME
•Manage market data and develop summaries and reports
•Perform project work in support of EME High Horsepower Marine group
•Use of Main Frame and Web-based Corporate business tools
•Develop of skill sets within cross functional teams
•Coordinate international marine application engineering training
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
A very well thought and structured placement. I worked as a Marine Marketing Technician and had a good mentor who guided me through everything.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Cummins as a business treat you like a normal working employee and not just a "head-count" as some other organisation would. I was given real jobs that make an impact to the business and this made me feel very valuable to the organisation.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a weekly face-to-face meeting with my business and the guidance was spot on!
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was very busy but I valued every second of it!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given many responsibilities and grew me as a person. There were some responsibilities that lead to me working with regional leaders and attending meetings with company directors which was a shock.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Time management, people-skill, my personality has grown, more organised, confident, literate computing skills and I received technical training on engines!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is the office was like any other atmosphere in a cooperate business. It was busy but I perform best when I'm surrounded with people who make noise and are constantly moving.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was 60% organised. The reason why I haven't give it a 100% is because the 60% was for me to organise what I wanted to learn from my placement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company has invested a lot in me by putting me in training and allowing me to visit customers and attend trade shows. It helped me build new connection and be exposed to different markets in the business.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing. I already am looking into Cummins graduate scheme!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I was the only placement student in my area but the colleagues were fantastic!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived with my parents and travelling by car.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?