1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my work here. I've learned so much about the work experience, my role in the organisation, but also myself.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone always tells you when you did something good. Either by person or via email. Always. It's very nice.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Apart from having weekly catch ups with your manager, you always have the support from all the people you work with. At any single point of time you can ask them for help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Working for such a big company, on one of the biggest brands is very time-consuming, but also extremely satisfying. But you manage your work load, if it's too much for you, you need to say and then the wrok will be split differently.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I must say I was given much more responsibility than I expected. I worked on real things that made a difference to the business and I could see my impact on the brand every day.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think it will definitely make a better candidate for ay future work. I now have a set of skills that very few of other students in my position can confidently show.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I really liked the office and people in here. It's very warm and friendly and we socialised quite often.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It's very hard to structure a placement once you're wokring in Brand Marketing as each Brand will require different skills. Therefore, I think the set of skills we gained within this year varied a bit. However, there were so many possibilities during this year, given by the company, to balance out the differences.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The amount of trainings, workshops and talks we had during this year was beyond my expectations. The topics were different - from work based skills trainings, to personal development talks and exercises.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I think it was. We managed to organise a number of social events between ourselves and became really good friends.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The Maidenhead office is so close to London that unfortunately, the prices are higher than I expected.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The Nightlife is mostly few bars but it's only 30 minutes to get to London!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We have a very big charity work that you can get involved in. There are also quite a few sport teams.