1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement as I was given real responsibility and guidance throughout to help me develop and make the most of my year.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel valued by my colleagues, even when I make mistakes I am not spoken down to and I am always treated as an equal. My team is incredibly supportive and I feel very lucky to have been placed in such a kind and welcoming work family.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager is incredibly supportive, even though she is busy all day everyday she makes an effort to give me guidance and advice when I ask for it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I am very busy on a daily basis as I have on-going projects and ADHOC requests consistently during the day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility which initially surprised me, but it feels good to know you are trusted with such big projects and budgets etc.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I study Accounting & Finance at University and my placement is in Marketing, whilst these may not seem to align it has given me an insight into the connection between finance and marketing which I feel will be invaluable in the future. I also believe I am going to go back to University with an improved work ethic, as the manageable pressure of L'Oreal has really improved my motivation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
My office is relaxed, though there are incredibly tense times, generally speaking it is enjoyable. Most days we have the radio playing and the vibe is very friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think it is quite well organised, I can imagine it's very hard to triangulate so many interns from different Universities with such few staff. I think the lack of organisation lies with my University, not with my placement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think my management have really invested time into my personal development, which has made me feel valued and helped me develop my weaknesses effectively.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I find the future employment prospects of L'Oreal incredibly appealing and will be pursuing this whole-heartedly.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is expensive but it is manageable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Really great, of course London has a lot to offer and it's been great exploring.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are two sports teams but there hasn't been much communication on this.