Marketing Intern at L'Oreal

Financial Management Marketing

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

7.5/10

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement as I was given real responsibility and guidance throughout to help me develop and make the most of my year.

I feel valued by my colleagues, even when I make mistakes I am not spoken down to and I am always treated as an equal. My team is incredibly supportive and I feel very lucky to have been placed in such a kind and welcoming work family.

My line manager is incredibly supportive, even though she is busy all day everyday she makes an effort to give me guidance and advice when I ask for it.

I am very busy on a daily basis as I have on-going projects and ADHOC requests consistently during the day.

I was given a lot of responsibility which initially surprised me, but it feels good to know you are trusted with such big projects and budgets etc.

I study Accounting & Finance at University and my placement is in Marketing, whilst these may not seem to align it has given me an insight into the connection between finance and marketing which I feel will be invaluable in the future. I also believe I am going to go back to University with an improved work ethic, as the manageable pressure of L'Oreal has really improved my motivation.

My office is relaxed, though there are incredibly tense times, generally speaking it is enjoyable. Most days we have the radio playing and the vibe is very friendly.

I think it is quite well organised, I can imagine it's very hard to triangulate so many interns from different Universities with such few staff. I think the lack of organisation lies with my University, not with my placement.

I think my management have really invested time into my personal development, which has made me feel valued and helped me develop my weaknesses effectively.

I find the future employment prospects of L'Oreal incredibly appealing and will be pursuing this whole-heartedly.

London is expensive but it is manageable.

Really great, of course London has a lot to offer and it's been great exploring.

There are two sports teams but there hasn't been much communication on this.