Visual Merchandising Intern at L'Oreal

Hammersmith Central London and City
Design Marketing Retail Sales

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

7.7/10

I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement at L'Oreal. I was placed into brand L'Oreal Paris and really enjoyed the fast paced environment of CPD. I have opportunity to work on end-to-end process of some key projects for the brand and I have really enjoyed seeing results in-store!

My team made me feel very welcome from the start. I had a great introduction to the role and I have felt like a valued member of the team throughout.

My line manager was very supportive throughout. We have weekly 1-1 catchup's where I can raise any concerns over workload or ask to be involved in other projects and she always did what was possible to make sure I got the most out of my placement.

In Visual Merchandising it can get very busy towards deadlines and more relaxed at other times which was great as I have had time to go in-stores and look at our own work as well as competitors. Most days I feel I had the perfect balance of work, occasionally if my work load did get to high my team were happy to help out.

I have managed some big projects in permanent and promotional merchandising including rollouts, stand makeovers and eventing. I was trusted to manage projects independently which really helped expand my skillset and I had opportunity to understand more regarding cost implications of business decisions and how brands add value and grow within competitive markets.

Being in a business environment has helped to understand theoretical content into practice. I feel the biggest skills I have developed and can take away from my placement are my communication and organizational skills which were fundamental to my role. I was also given opportunities to present in-front of senior management which I can apply in University projects and beyond.

I felt people were friendly and approachable day-to-day.

I was offered placement quite quickly after assessment centre and got offer letter through and contract quite seamlessly.

I felt my team invested a lot into me to make sure I got what I wanted from the placement.

I would definitely consider returning to work for L'Oreal after University.

Intern social's were organized on regular basis and sometimes had event and celebrations with colleague's after work.

Living/socialising in London is expensive but wage and Student Loan helped.

The is a pub which L'Oreal staff use to socialize but there are also some good pubs in Hammersmith area.

Mainly celebrations events and socials.