1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement at L'Oreal. I was placed into brand L'Oreal Paris and really enjoyed the fast paced environment of CPD. I have opportunity to work on end-to-end process of some key projects for the brand and I have really enjoyed seeing results in-store!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team made me feel very welcome from the start. I had a great introduction to the role and I have felt like a valued member of the team throughout.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager was very supportive throughout. We have weekly 1-1 catchup's where I can raise any concerns over workload or ask to be involved in other projects and she always did what was possible to make sure I got the most out of my placement.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
In Visual Merchandising it can get very busy towards deadlines and more relaxed at other times which was great as I have had time to go in-stores and look at our own work as well as competitors. Most days I feel I had the perfect balance of work, occasionally if my work load did get to high my team were happy to help out.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have managed some big projects in permanent and promotional merchandising including rollouts, stand makeovers and eventing. I was trusted to manage projects independently which really helped expand my skillset and I had opportunity to understand more regarding cost implications of business decisions and how brands add value and grow within competitive markets.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Being in a business environment has helped to understand theoretical content into practice. I feel the biggest skills I have developed and can take away from my placement are my communication and organizational skills which were fundamental to my role. I was also given opportunities to present in-front of senior management which I can apply in University projects and beyond.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I felt people were friendly and approachable day-to-day.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was offered placement quite quickly after assessment centre and got offer letter through and contract quite seamlessly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I felt my team invested a lot into me to make sure I got what I wanted from the placement.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would definitely consider returning to work for L'Oreal after University.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Intern social's were organized on regular basis and sometimes had event and celebrations with colleague's after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living/socialising in London is expensive but wage and Student Loan helped.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The is a pub which L'Oreal staff use to socialize but there are also some good pubs in Hammersmith area.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?