Email Marketing Executive at TopCashback

Stafford West Midlands
Marketing

5.5/10

4.0

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement, everyone was extremely friendly and the work was good. However, after 2-3 months it did start to get slightly repetitive.

I felt valued by my colleagues as they trusted me to do the work independently and when I had new ideas most of the time I was allowed to use them.

I was given support by my team leader when I first started, however half way through my placement the team leader changed to someone who was no where near as supportive.

Quiet, with too many people for the decreasing workload

I was given plenty of responsibility, sending emails to members on my first day. You were chucked in at the deep end. However, after going to my manager to discuss a increase in my workload I was also given another marketing channel to work on, I was given full responsibility and freedom with this.

The skills I have developed have been really useful and I am sure they will assist me beyond my studies, however due to this solely being a email marketing placement I am unsure as to whether the skills will help me in my final year.

The general atmosphere in the office was great, there are a number of placements in each team meaning it is quite a young office.

The placement was extremely well organised.

The company allowed me to complete uni work in work time meaning that I managed to get all my uni work done early and to a high standard, this was useful.

Future employment prospects are appealing however I am unsure as to how long term they would be

There was an OK social scene, many placements lived at home and traveled in meaning that there were only a few placements who were willing to socialise out of work hours.

The cost of living is relatively high, with a one bedroom flat costing over half of my monthly wages. The cost of socialising is no different to any other town.

There were not