1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement, everyone was extremely friendly and the work was good. However, after 2-3 months it did start to get slightly repetitive.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued by my colleagues as they trusted me to do the work independently and when I had new ideas most of the time I was allowed to use them.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given support by my team leader when I first started, however half way through my placement the team leader changed to someone who was no where near as supportive.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Quiet, with too many people for the decreasing workload
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given plenty of responsibility, sending emails to members on my first day. You were chucked in at the deep end. However, after going to my manager to discuss a increase in my workload I was also given another marketing channel to work on, I was given full responsibility and freedom with this.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have developed have been really useful and I am sure they will assist me beyond my studies, however due to this solely being a email marketing placement I am unsure as to whether the skills will help me in my final year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere in the office was great, there are a number of placements in each team meaning it is quite a young office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was extremely well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company allowed me to complete uni work in work time meaning that I managed to get all my uni work done early and to a high standard, this was useful.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Future employment prospects are appealing however I am unsure as to how long term they would be
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was an OK social scene, many placements lived at home and traveled in meaning that there were only a few placements who were willing to socialise out of work hours.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living is relatively high, with a one bedroom flat costing over half of my monthly wages. The cost of socialising is no different to any other town.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?