7.2/10

373 reviews

• The Role
  • Organisation
  • Socialising
  2. It was enjoyable when work was tasked, however if your not proactive, you will be left twiddling your thumbs. The Barrow-in-Furness area isn't great and can hinder the enjoyment of being on your year in industry.

4. All colleagues are extremely friendly and helpful. They are all willing to share knowledge and sacrifice time. However, you have to be proactively involved to gain their attention.

6. A really good amount of support is given by management. You wont have to face any problems alone. In terms of guidance, there is a dedicated team that can guide you through your placement and advise you with career options.

8. It depended on the placement I was in. I would say it is a pot of luck and depends if the department your working in has work for you.

9. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  10. It depended on the placement I was in. I would say it is a pot of luck and depends if the department your working in has work for you.

12. They will extremely help me in my degree and for the rest of my life. BAE submarines is a good place to get introduced to industry.

14. All office staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

15. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  16. I feel the general set up of the internship is extremely good as it allowed me to experience what its like to work in different departments in industry.

18. The company was always willing to invest in you. All you needed to provide was a justification for training and development.

20. Flexi Time

Above 25 days holiday

21. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  22. The company is great and the work is good. However the only thing that would put me off from wanting to return is the location.

24. There are social groups set up across the business that organise all kind of events, from weekly social nights to outbound trips.

25. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  26. The cost of living is extremely cheap with BAE being in Barrow. However there is a limited amount of things to do in Barrow. so you have to travel out of barrow.

28. The nightlife is of a good standard for the size of the town. There are many pubs.

30. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved in stretch assignments that involve a lot outside of work.

Engineering