Penultimate Year Summer Intern at HSBC

Watford Greater London
Banking - Retail Business Management Customer Service

HSBC is a Top Employer

8.1/10

This was certainly a far more enjoyable experience than my internship last year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at HSBC

I was really welcomed and made to feel part of the team from day one.

The management team were brilliant and tried to include me with as much as they could.

In the first few weeks, there were a few days where I was bored as I hadn't really been set my business project.

Working alongside the branch and area management teams gave me great exposure to the running of the business and being given projects to complete meant I was able to meaningfully contribute to the branch I worked in.

Able to develop some good knowledge and understanding of how to run a branch and how to monitor/improve performance.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at HSBC

Some good days, some bad days (Monday mornings were often extremely busy and stressful)

I was given the perfect amount of freedom to investigate areas of the bank I had an interest in, whilst also being prompted to test myself on my business project.

Lots of exposure to area management as well as enrichment days at head office with senior management team members.

Good job opportunities if successful in the placement, however may take up to 6 weeks to discover the outcome.

Many events organised and good network set up.

Greater London!

Exceptional

Many opportunities, both organised by the bank and casually by staff.