1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Working at a summer camp through Wild Packs was amazing. They gave me a great opportunity to be able to work overseas and it definitely has changed my life.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I made great friends from all around the world. Everyone is in the same situation living and working in the USA and they want to be there. Everyone works as a team and has respect for each other.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Wild Packs were there 100% of the way. Any questions I had or needed any help with, they were there. Once I arrived in the US I was able to contact Wild Packs with 24/7 support if anything went wrong.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Every day is action packed. You are busy from when you wake up until you go to sleep though it doesn't feel like a chore or a job whatsoever. Thankfully you do get periods off, days off and nights off.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given full responsibility when at camp. If anything went wrong or there were no head staff around everyone has to take responsibility and make sure it is all running smoothly.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills you learn at camp are great. I have been able to add valuable skills to my CV and it looks great. They have helped me to where I am now.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was great. Everyone was happy to be there and we were always getting involved with every activity we could from Sports and Arts to Tubing.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Wild Packs were a big help as they helped me apply for my visa which I needed to work in the US. I went to a camp I absolutely loved and made sure it met my needs for the summer and what I was looking for.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Working at a summer camp is a seasonal job. The great thing is I was invited back the last few summers which makes for greater experience. The agency Wild Packs does also offer jobs to be able to continue working at camp and doing recruitment.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As we were all young, we were all very social and would hang out on days off and nights off. My friends and I would regularly go out for dinner, to the movies and to the bar to hang out outside of camp.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Food and Accommodation was covered whilst out at camp in the USA which means I didn't have to spend much money to none on food during my stay.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There was a local bar not too far away where we were able to go to on nights and have a break and grab some food.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, on days off I was able to go traveling with new friends I made and see new places. I also went traveling with a big group of people around the US after the summer.