1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Oracle is an a great place to work. It such a complex and rapidly changing environment.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was lovely, nothing was ever too much and no question is ever considered a silly one. I was a valued member of the team, with real responsibilities.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A considerable amount. I was the first point of contact for all UK employee queries, ran induction from a logistics perspective, help run the benefit fairs from an operations perspective and play a big part in various projects away from my daily role.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Fun and friendly
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well. All the interns had various things to get involved in like careers fairs, a bake sale, sports and social, the princes trust charity events and comic relief.
We also had the opportunity to visit different areas of the business across the UK.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Mainly just at local gyms and the University of Reading