1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I like to work here and come into the office every day. It is not just work what I have to do here it is also fun on the same time. Also when it was a stressful time, I could ask my colleagues for some help or advice everytime/everyday.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I really feel like a team member here and not just like an intern. I feel like I am part of the team. I can always ask them to help me or to explain me something. Also to I can talk to the people to get some varierty in my work. (socialising)
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I can always ask for support or help. Also when it was a busy day or week, they always tried to explained me as much as they can.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was sometimes really busy but this was not avoidable by the short timeline of the project. Normally the balance was fine.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had quite a lot responsibility in my tasks. Also they gave me the possibility to got to some importent meetings which was for me really interesting and valuable. I felt that the respect me in my work and in my abilitys. It was a good feeling that they give me the trust in what I am doing.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I earned a lot of skills during my placement here. Improvement my personal skills as well as my work skills. I earned a lot of knowledge of the tasks in the department and team. And of course I developed better language skills. Also I know what i need to improve in my personal skills in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I feel really comfortable in my office and my department. It was a warm welcome from the first day on.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a two days teamtraining/teamworkshop which was really good to get to know eacht other better. And also to get to know the others opinion and work. Also we want to improve a lot of tasks in our team and we will hopefully do that in the future.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I really would like again for Mini or the BMW Group either in the UK or in Germany. I hope I will get the chance later on to come back to Mini in Oxford as well. I have no future employments with the company so far but it would be create if I will have some in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Among the interns and the students was a good social scene. There was every week a meeting ongoing and also we made a lot of trips together to some places in the UK. I made really good friends here within the students / interns. We also had some social events on the weekend which you could participate but it wasn't a must.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The loan we got was okay for living with in the area. But still the living costs are very high in this area. So I was really glad that we got paid enought to live, to pay the rent and also to do some trips around the UK. I really apprecciate that there are some interns who are the owners of the interns socialsing topic and that they are organizing a lot of events.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in the area here was quite nice. There are a lot of pubs around where you can go. These are also not just located in the city Center, they are also around the place where the people live. Also there are a few Clubs in town which was quite nice to go with the interns.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There where a lot of acitvities outside of work but it was not a must that you have to participate in these events. It was more or less a nice opportunity to get to know a lot of other interns outside of the workplace. It was quite a nice work life balance