6.9/10

• The Role
  • Organisation
  • Socialising
    4.5
  2. I enjoyed my time at TUI in Commercial. So much so that i applied for and secured a job in their Coventry office which has allowed me to stay working for the business!

4. There is a great social scene at TUI - and in my experience even the GM's join in and get their wallets out! I dont think that happens everywhere!?

6. Training an development is really understood at TUI. facilities are first class and there is plently of time dedicated to your develoment throughout your placement. The first 3 weeks are a little intense!

8. Working in trading means you constantly have a new issue to resolve.

9. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  10. Responsibility was introduced in stages.

12. I am now more likely to apply for roles in fields i would never have considered before. I now realise the benefits of working for a large company in in terms of Development opportunities.

14. Trading is a serious environment and the atmosphere reflects that. Work hard, play hard.

15. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  16. The placement is managed and supported by people who work in 'real role' within the department. I feel it would benefit from more HR resource and money.

18. I do not feel short changed by my time at TUI, however if you apply dont expect your development to come on a plate. If you dont seak it out yourself, get the time to get around and meet new people, your likely to sit behind a desk for a year and not get to meet the wider business!

20. Subsidised Canteen

International Travel

Company Parties/Events

Staff Sales/Staff Shop

21. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  22. I am still currently working for TUI in a different role P/t while at uni. I would really like to work for TUI Travel upon graduating.

24. Limited - depends what you want from the scheme.

25. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  26. Very cheap! £250 pcm rent and walk to work.

28. Lived in a residential area and Luton of an evening really isn't appealing!

30. Not that i can remember.

Travel and Tourism