1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great year, great company, great people!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Given full responsibility of role! Felt very valued and welcomed by entire team!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
You are given a placement buddy, who schedules regular catch ups plus line manager meetings! Guidance is brilliant throughout.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy! Throughout quieter periods still things to be getting on with!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Responsibility at TUI is amazing, given the same level of responsibility as any assistant at the company which is amazing!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I'm back at uni now and starting to realise how transferable all the skills are! Plus I have come back to uni with a great work ethic!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great open plan atmosphere! Everyone very friendly and has a laid back feel.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Placement team were fab and everything well organised! Never had any issues.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were offered various half days in other departments, learning days, learning weeks, guest speakers. Wide variety of opportunities to develop yourself and line managers were very open about everything!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Plenty of opportunities for future employment! If you work hard you will reap the rewards, the company likes to keep hold of good people!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great nights out, trips to London and sports activities! In my time we did, rounders, athletics, football, dodgeball and plenty of lunch times in lovely restaurants in nearby Harpenden and St.Albans!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Luton is cheap but surrounding areas expensive with London so close!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Luton is dead! But Harpenden nice, St. Albans lovely and London amazing!!!!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Plenty of sport and social activities opportunities!