Summer School Audit Programme at BDO

Ipswich East of England
Accountancy Auditing/Tax

BDO is a Top Employer

8.7/10

A two week work experience programme at BDO in the Audit department.

I was given equipment very similar to that of the full time staff, making me feel very valued.

Everyone was always willing to help me with any queries that I had.

These skills will be very useful to me in the future I as I pursue a career in Accounting.

I had a timetable from the start but this often changed.

Members of staff at the firm invested their time in explaining different elements of Accounting to help broaden my knowledge.

This insight improved my understanding greatly as I was able to work on real client assignments and visit client sites. I was also able to speak with many different members of staff to gain an insight into what a full time role would entail.

This insight really helped me understand what it is like to work for BDO and the culture by which they operate.

The activities were very useful in broadening my understanding of the Accountint profession and cemented my choice to pursue a career in the industry.

I was able to meet many different people at all levels of the firm throughout the insight.

I was able to meet lots of new people who also took part in the insight on the first day as well went to London. I also had a farewell lunch with some of the staff member who worked in the same office as me.

I was informed of many different activities that take place outside of the office during my time at the insight.