UBS Insights Participant at UBS

Banking - Investment Banking/Finance

This review was written using a previous version of questions that were updated in 2013

UBS is a Top Employer

4.3/10

3.8
6.4

2.5

Participating in all the organised sessions during UBS's Spring Week, Insights.

UBS's Insights Week did not offer any hands-on work experience (apart from two hours work experience) but mostly existed of workshops. These grew tiresome by the end of the week.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

As stated above, not having the opportortunity to do much shadowing meant that I didn't have many colleagues! However, the one individual on the graduate training programme that I did spend a couple of hours with was welcoming and helpful.

The support and knowledge gained from most of the workshops was of a high quality

I was a busy as everyone else on the spring week - the rigid timetable meant that sessions were structured. This didn't allow any opportunity to do or find out more about one thing that I particularly enjoyed.

No responsibility! Just had to sit there are listen to lots of presentations.

Some useful knowledge was gained from various workshops that would later assist me in my internship.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

The atmosphere was mostly quite good - despite some of the presentations being a bit heavy going, it never felt too serious.

The week was very well organised and put together.

A lot of Managing Directors and other employees took time out to come and talk to us which felt encouraging.

This is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING about the Insights Spring Week at UBS. Whilst it offers little practical experience, it is a very useful tool to get you fast tracked to the first assessment centres for an internship. If you are looking for that hands on experience, an internship is where you'll find it - not the spring week. However, in order to give yourself the best chances of getting on to an internship, the Insights week offers a great spring board.

A week didn't really provide enough opportunity to get to know one another particularly well.

It was the city, so bound to be expensive!

Probably good night life on offer - but again, London = Expensive.

None came my way during the week I was there!