Summer Intern at Cushman & Wakefield

West End based Central London and City
Surveying
Cushman & Wakefield is a Top Employer

8.1/10

I enjoyed my time at C&W one of the best parts of the internship is the opportunity to meet, work and socialise with other interns.

The company culture at C&W is friendly and I felt valued by the team and more generally at the firm.

Partners within and out of the team where generally supportive however busy so I found that most guidance was given by your mentor (Graduate Surveyor) or qualified members of the team who where keen to train and teach me how valuation was undertaken.

In general yes, however in loan security valuation it varies depending on amount of instructions and upcoming deadlines. While working some days where more relaxed however if a bank instructed a short turn around in a report then the team was very busy. Overall it is a good balance from week to week.

During the 6 weeks the Partner landed a large valuation instruction of a Retail Park in SE. The team was busy with other ongoing valuations so the Partner and I inspected the Park together then I effectively wrote the majority of the Report before submitting it to the Partner for review and fill out the technical sections. This was a good opportunity to see a large project from start to completion with a huge amount of responsibility.

During the internship we had structured soft skill training which lead to group presentations at the end of the internship. As well as structured training I felt I developed some key research skills and my technical understanding of fundamentals in real estate.

It depends in which department you work in, valuation is more relaxed while transactional teams tended to be louder with a buzz surrounding deals.

The work placement was well organised from recruitment to ending the internship.

The firm was keen to train interns with soft skills this helped to present well during the final presentation.

The merger means the firm has a twice as many graduates and coupled with Brexits effect on the commercial property market I expect they will reduce the number of graduates in the coming years.

Property is generally social profession and most interns where keen to head out to the pub in the evenings

Living and socialising in London (West End) is expensive but worth it.

Good, mainly around West End pubs and bars.

Yes, a weekly softball competitions against other firms