1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a really enjoyable experience, everyone was friendly and supportive. I was given interesting work, and having had no previous experience of the industry, it was a great way to learn about property.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The buddy system was useful in helping us to meet other people in the office, and everyone is genuinely friendly. I was treated as a full member of the team and was always included in things, and was never made to feel like the 'intern'.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given help from lots of people for the intern presentation at the end of the internship - it was actually really surprising just how many people were willing to offer their time without being asked. I was also given a lot of advice about options for after graduation.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was usually very busy, however in general I didn't have to stay late.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I tended to do lots of smaller jobs that helped with the work my team or the other graduates were already doing. So while I didn't get overall responsibility for any one thing, I did feel that I was trusted to help with the overall work the team was producing.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Although the internship was not directly related to my degree, I think I learnt a lot about working in the industry. I had a lot of face to face interaction with clients and I think this will be useful for any career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly but also hard working.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
We had events organised for us and were given a timetable at the start with key dates on it.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were given training sessions as a group, focussing on developing our personal business skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It was a great place to work and I'd be really happy to work there in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were a fair amount of after work drinks - it was what you made of it really.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive but usual for London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Some sports activities but not really much else for interns, although it seems like there is a lot if you have a full time job.